Passport for adopted Russian Children under the 18-year old age

Be advised that an adopted child must be registered according to the place of his living in the US with appropriate consular authority.

All Russian minors must have their own passport to travel to Russia.

If a minor travels alone he/she needs parents` notarized consent for the trip (please contact notary section of the Consulate).

The Consulate issues passports valid for 5-year and 10-year period.

We recommend that minors obtain 10-year passport after 6-year old age.

Please check information on our website regarding documents required to obtain 5-year passport or 10-year passport.

Parents have to complete online application for 5-year passport or 10-year passport and arrange an appointment with the Consulate General employee by email:

If the passport is expired you have to verify cild's citizenship.

Parents must apply in person.

Minors must be present to apply for passport.