It is recommended that the US citizens apply for a 3-year multiple-entry tourist visa regardless of the dates of entry/exit, number of entries or period of stay actually stated in the confirmation of the hotel reservation or confirmation of reception of the tourist. When applying for a 3-year multiple-entry tourist visa, please indicate a three-year period of stay in the visa application form.
To obtain a visa all applicants have to submit:
- Please make sure that there is a 8 business days period between the date of application for a tourist visa and the supposed date of entry to Russia.
- In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
1. The original completed visa application form (filled online at https://visa.kdmid.ru) should be printed on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper) submitted with a photo (one per applicant) glued in the area designated for it. Do not forget to sign your application and put the current date.
Your photo must meet following requirements: the frame size must be 35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’); the photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-colored background;
2. Passport or other travel document in original.
At least two pages of the passport should be free of any notes, stamps and visas. Passport must be valid at least 6 months after your supposed date of departure from Russia
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport.4. A Standard form of confirmation for foreign tourists. CONFIRMATION is issued by the Russian hosting travel company.
It carries a REFERENCE-NUMBER of the hosting company from the Federal Register of the Tour Operators of the Federal Tourism Agency (which confirms that this company is allowed to invite foreign tourists), personal data of each tourist, dates of trip, itinerary in Russia, services as paid. Confirmation must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal of the Russian travel company.
5. A money order
Please note: If you address to the Russian Visa Center - your visa application should address to them, if to the Consulate - it should be address to "The Consulate General of Russia in San Francisco" at the right upper corner of application).
Unfortunately we could not proceed the visa application which is not intended for us.
The Consulate General in San Francisco also has the right to call the applicants for an interview and request, if needed:
• a bank statement from the applicant;
• a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages for the preceding year/ half year, or month;
• medical insurance valid in the country to be visited and fully covering the period of the first trip;
• documents regarding the applicant's ownership of property in the country of his citizenship;
• a certificate on the makeup of the applicant's family.
Effective May 2, 2012 all visa applicants have to contact Russian Visa Center (ILS)
When you are traveling to Russia for tourist purposes it would be wise to have a set of documents that could confirm the purpose of entry at the Russian border:
1. a copy of the reception of the tourist confirmation,
2. hotel booking / hotel payment confirmation, letters of guarantee,
3. returned tickets,
4. contact numbers and addresses of the inviting organization, etc.
We strongly recommend you to read our FAQ before writing to us.
If you have any questions please write us email : firstname.lastname@example.org