WORK AND STUDENT VISAS
To obtain a visa all applicants have to submit:
- Please make sure that there is a 8 business days period between the date of application for a visa and the supposed date of entry to Russia.
- In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
1.The original completed visa application form (filled online at https://visa.kdmid.ru) should be printed on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper) submitted with a photo (one per applicant) glued in the area designated for it. Do not forget to sign your application and put the current date.
Your photo must meet following requirements: the frame size must be 35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’); the photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background;
2. Passport or other travel document in original.
At least two pages of the passport should be free of any notes, stamps and visas. Passport must be valid at least 6 months after your supposed date of departure from Russia
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport.
4. The most important document to be submitted is INVITATION
Original of INVITATION from your Russian host must be issued by the local office of the Ministry of Internal Affaires of the Russian Federation (MVD). The invitations for a work, study or multiple entry visas must be submitted in original.
6. Original HIV blood test (AIDS) Certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 month only (HIV blood test should be taken not earlier than 3 months before applying for a visa).
If you submit the documents for work or student visa, please be aware that the national passport has to be valid for not less than one and a half-year.
7. A money order
Please note: If you address to the Russian Visa Center - your visa application should address to them, if to the Consulate - it should be address to "The Consulate General of Russia in San Francisco" at the right upper corner of application).
Unfortunately, we could not proceed the visa application which is not intended for us.
The Consulate General in San Francisco also has the right to call the applicants for an interview and request, if needed:
• a bank statement from the applicant;
• a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages for the preceding year/ half year, or month;
• medical insurance valid in the country to be visited and fully covering the period of the first trip;
• documents regarding the applicant's ownership of property in the country of his citizenship;
• a certificate on the makeup of the applicant's family.
Effective May 2, 2012 all visa applicants have to contact Russian Visa Center (ILS)
We strongly recommend you to read our FAQ before writing to us.
If you have any questions please write us email : email@example.com